Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 9

My commitment to this challenge was definitely tested today. A local restaurant owner provided a few free pizzas for our staff lunch today. The pizza sat in the office for about 20 minutes before lunch, and continually tempted me with its delicious smells. As we all gathered for lunch and the pizza sat in front of me, I felt my resolve begin to waver. Maybe just one bite wouldn't hurt, right? Thankfully I did not give in to temptation, and I left lunch feeling full and satisfied with my real food. One thing the pizza dilemma helped me to remember is that it really is ok to eat a piece of pizza every now and then, but what is not ok is eating pizza and other junk food every day for every meal.


Breakfast- Granola with milk and blueberries
Lunch- Peanut butter and honey sandwich and a banana
Dinner- Quesadilla with Monterey Jack cheese, black beans, and avocado; and some raisins
Post-dinner snack- I think I will treat myself to a powerball tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I am impressed that you resisted that. I would not have passed up Papa John's....

    ReplyDelete