I can't believe that this is the final day of the challenge. In some ways it seems like years since I have eaten "non-real food", and in other ways the 10 days have flown by. I have learned so much from this experience and I can't wait to share those things with you. But I am going to save that for tomorrow, or maybe Saturday depending on how many parties I go to tomorrow night ; )
The end of the challenge is bitter sweet. I am sad that I will no longer be under pressure to eat healthy food. Doing the challenge with my co-workers, writing this blog, and having to sign a pledge to follow the rules all kept me motivated to do the right thing and eat well. Now I won't have those things driving me. I don't want to go back to my old way of eating, but I think it will be very easy for me to slip back in that habit. But at the same time, I am a bit excited that the challenge is over. There was a lot of pressure to make sure that I was not putting a single bit of non-real food in my mouth, and I want to be able to eat a slice of pizza on special occasions. But I think the thing I am most excited about is getting to eat a Muddy's cupcake tomorrow thanks to my friends Laura and Drew!
And finally, for the last time:
Breakfast- Granola with milk and blueberries
Snack- Almonds
Lunch- Tortillas with hummus, spinach, and cheese; and an apple
Dinner- Tortilla with pasta sauce, Monterey Jack cheese, and feta (aka a Pizzatilla- pizza on a tortilla); and some carrots
I really wish I had taken a pic of my dinner. It was so delicious and it looked pretty. Oh well, maybe next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment