Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Lighthouse Challenge

One of my favorite things about my recent vacation involved a lighthouse. That's right, a lighthouse. As a matter of fact, this lighthouse:

  
The reason this is one of my favorite moments is because I conquered this lighthouse. And by conquered I mean climbed to the top. 178 stairs to be exact (that's about 13 flights of stairs). And for those of you who don't know, that is a lot of stairs. I doubted that I could make it to the top, because let's be honest, even though I am doing a running program I am still not in the best shape. But I decided that I was going to give it my best shot. And I did it! Don't believe me? Well here is some proof.


Yep, that's me at the top. And yes I am glowing a little bit, but come on I just climbed 178 stairs!


People always tell you to never look down, and this is why. I mean, look at how tiny those people are. I followed their advice, though, and just snapped this picture over the side without looking down. I think that was a good decision considering my dislike of heights.


A view from the top

No comments:

Post a Comment