Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 7

So, as I posted a few days ago, I have been craving sweets. During my initial grocery run, I did not buy any desserts. That's crazy! But today I thought that I would splurge and get the ingredients to make Powerballs from the 100 Days blog. This recipe is super flexible and extra extra delicious!
Here is how I decided to make them:
  • 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup honey (I think next time I will reduce the amount of honey to 1/3 cup because they were so sweet)
  • 1 1/2 cups organic rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • Unsweetened organic coconut
Basically, you mix the first 4 ingredients together. Form the mixture into balls and roll them in the coconut. You can substitute nuts or other dried fruit for the raisins, and you can substitute crushed nuts or granola for the coconut. I decided to half the recipe from the blog and was so glad that I did. The recipe on the blog says that the whole recipe makes 10-12 balls, but that is not accurate. The half recipe made 24 balls! And because I didn't anticipate making so many, my coworkers will get to try them tomorrow!
A note for my friends on weight watchers: If you reduce the amount of honey to 1/3 cup, these are only 2 points a piece. Not bad for a super delicious dessert!
Here are some pictures:



And finally, here is what I have/will eat today:
Breakfast- Granola with milk and blueberries
Lunch- Grilled cheese sandwich and an orange
Snack- 1 Powerball (I had to taste them to make sure they were good)
Dinner- Baked Tilapia, green beans, and a baked potato with a little butter and cheese
And let's be honest, I'm going to eat another Powerball for dessert!

1 comment: