Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 3

I think today was even better than yesterday. I didn't get hungry until noon, so I skipped my snack. And I got so full from my lunch that I only ate about half of the food I packed! I didn't get hungry again until around 6:30 tonight, so I am super impressed that the food I am eating is keeping me full. I hope that continues to be true and this isn't some random fluke.

Also, today I began training for the LuvMud 5k that I am doing with my coworkers in October. LuvMud benefits Habitat for Hope, and involves several obstacles during the race including a large mud pit. I am excited about the the mud pit, but not so excited about the 5k. One of my coworkers looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I needed to train to do the 5k. He thought that running for that long would be no problem. Hahaha! He obviously doesn't know me. I think the last time I ran was in college. I am doing a training program called Couch to 5k. The run/walk today was probably a joke for some people, but I am so out of shape that it was more challenging than I thought it would be. Let's hope I can keep up the training so I won't look like an idiot/die during the race.

Here is the delicious food I ate today:
Breakfast- Granola with milk and fresh blueberries (see pic below)
Lunch- Peanut butter and honey on whole wheat bread (made by my awesome coworker, Laura), a banana, and about 6 raisins (I was full!)
Dinner- Quesadilla with Monterey Jack cheese, black beans, avocado and cumin; and broccoli on the side (I'm not including a picture of my dinner because even though it was tasty, it didn't look very pretty)


This is a picture of the granola I made, and it is so delicious! Add a little milk and blueberries and it is the perfect breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment