Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Life Updates

It seems like a good night for a blog post, so how about a few life updates:

1. Getting ready for Kenya- I leave for Kenya in a little over 2 months. So I have been busy getting shots, buying supplies, getting a visa, and filling out forms. I still have a long way to go before I am actually ready, but at least I have made some progress.

2. Memphis the Musical- Most of you probably know that Memphis the Musical was at the Orpheum last week. And most of you also probably know that I went to see it three times. Yes, it really was that good! It may seem a bit overkill to see it that many times, and that is probably true, but I feel like I was able to enjoy a different aspect of the play each time I saw it (Note: I did not originally intend on seeing it 3 times. But it's hard to pass up a free ticket!). And for all of you non-Memphians, if Memphis comes anywhere close to where you live, you must go see it. It is worth it; I promise.

3. Weight-loss- Well I finally decided that I needed to officially join Weight Watchers (including going to meetings). Even though it is a tad bit on the pricey side, I really need the accountability that the meetings give. At the meetings you have to weigh in every week. Even though it is not the most fun thing in the world, it keeps me motivated to know that someone else is going to know how much weight I lost during the week. And I am happy to report that it is working very well. I've lost about 15 pounds since mid-September (4 from the real food challenge, and about 11 with Weight Watchers)!

No comments:

Post a Comment