Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Love Affair

So, I have begun a love affair. No, not with a man, but with my new Crock-Pot. I have only used it once, but let's be honest, it was love at first sight. I mean, it's kinda like having a personal chef that will cook for you all day and then deliver a delicious meal. I'm hooked.

My inaugural Crock-Pot meal was this "Super Easy Crock-Pot Soup" that I found on Pinterest. It was indeed super easy, and it was also super delicious.

Super Easy Crock-Pot Soup


1 can of Rotel
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans (drained & rinsed)
2 frozen chicken breasts (I couldn't believe that you could use frozen chicken breast! I hate thawing meat.)
8 oz cream cheese (I used 1/3 fat cream cheese)
1 packet dry ranch dressing
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook 4-5 hours on high. Shred chicken, and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. mmmm that sounds awesome! How many points?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 servings for 8 points each. Not too bad (considering you are eating a lot of cream cheese)!

    ReplyDelete