This post is brought to you by the letter "S" in honor of Spring!
1. Stripes- In the past month I bought and wore a horizontally striped shirt. That may seem like a weird detail to share, but believe me friends, it is exciting for me. Rule #3 in the "How to dress when you are bigger" handbook is to never wear horizontal stripes. They make you look bigger. For the first time in my adult life, I have felt confident enough to wear a striped shirt, and it felt great!
2. Sewing- My spring project this year is learning how to sew. So far, I have only tackled one project, but I am loving it! Do any of you sew? Any advice for a beginner?
3. Size changes- Today I bought size 8 jeans! That's right people, I am now in a single digit pant size! Now, some of you may be thinking, "Candace, don't brag about that. That's what size my fat jeans are." Well, I realize that a size 8 is not tiny, but it is for me! I really don't remember the last time I wore a size 8. I'm guessing middle school. And if you think about how far I've come, this seems like a big accomplishment. I started out this journey in a size (gulp!) 16. That's half of the size I used to be! And you better believe I kept a pair of those size 16s, so that when I reach my goal I can post the famous "Hold up your old jeans and drop them to reveal your new body" pose.
Thanks for letting me share my joys with you. Stay tuned for a big announcement that I will be making hopefully later this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment